Thursday, June 28, 2012

Elementary Activities: Make Your Own Word Games

By Tiffany Rudd

Recently I had a few days where I was sick and stuck in bed. My cute niece, Katie, came over with the sweetest homemade gift. It was a collection of puzzles she had created online and printed just for me. There were word searches, crossword puzzles, mazes, sudoku...you name it! What a sweet gift and a great activity for older children.
There are all kinds of great websites for creating puzzles online. One of my favorites is the FREE PUZZLEMAKER from Discovery Education. Just on this one site your child can create word searches, crossword puzzles, double puzzles, fallen phrases, math squares, mazes, letter tiles, cryptograms, number blocks, and hidden messages!

I also found THIS website where you can print sudoku puzzles and even learn how to create your own.

This would be a great activity for a rainy afternoon, or for a vacation or road trip!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips