Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Preschool Activities: The Kissing Hand {Back-To-School Week!}

By Tiffany Rudd
The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn is a Back-To-School tradition in our family and I always start the school year out by reading it to my Preschoolers. It is such a sweet story and it helps create such a fun bond between parent and child.

Everyday for the first month of school last year Cameron would pause before getting out of the car to get a kiss on his palm. I loved sending him off to school knowing that he could always feel my love no matter what happened. This year, I've been putting a few Hershey Kisses in his lunch each day as a little reminder. 

I hope you'll buy a copy of this book for your family, or check out a copy from the library to read with your kids this year. Then you can start your own Kissing Hand traditions.

On the first day of preschool each year we bake hand shaped sugar cookies with a chocolate kiss in the middle.
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips