Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Preschool Activities: Letter of the Week {Kk}

By Tiffany Rudd
Snack Ideas:
      * Kix Snack Mix & Kiwi: There aren't many foods that start with the letter Kk, so I was excited to find this yummy recipe for a semi-healthy snack mix using Kix cereal. I always try to find a kiwi to share with my students too. It's not every child's favorite, but I love exposing them to new foods. :)
Song:
K-A-N-G-A
{Sang to the tune of B-I-N-G-O}

There is a kangaroo that {hops} and Kanga is her name-O
K-A-N-G-A, K-A-N-G-A, K-A-N-G-A and Kanga is her name-O.

Repeat and replace the verb with a new verb like jumps, skips, leaps, or even spins. Have you child help come up with verbs the kangaroo can try.

Favorite Books:
      * Katy No Pocket by Emmy Payne: This is one of my favorites to read to the kids each year. See below for a fun activity to go along with this cute book.    
      * The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn: You can also read my post here for activities to go along with this cute book!


Crafts:
      * Key Crayon Rubbing: Gather a bunch of differently shaped keys, peel the wrappers off of some crayons, and print this Letter Kk Page. Help your child put the keys under the paper and rub with the side of a crayon. 
      * Kiss the Kk - I just found this super cute idea on pinterest and since I've already done the letter Kk with my preschool class, I think I'll have to just try it with Brooklyn. :)


      * Shiny Key Craft: I love this idea from Mommys Monkeys. Her daughter covered the key with pieces of tinfoil and then she cut out the final product. Super cute.

Activities:
      * Katy No Pocket Kangaroo Hop - I wish I had a better picture because this activity is always a favorite. The kids put on my apron (you can use any apron with a pocket) just like Katy Kangaroo and hop over to pick up the letter I call out. You can also have them hop over to pick up the letters in their name, or a capital or lowercase Kk.

Printables:
      * Click on the photos below to print out your Kk Flash Card and Writing Practice Worksheet
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips