Friday, September 6, 2013

Preschool Activities: Letter of the Week {Ss}

By Tiffany Rudd
Whew! I'm back! After a super fun and busy summer, I'm excited to be back into a routine. And, I'm excited to share with you the rest of the alphabet letters in my Preschool Letter of the Week series of posts! 

Incase you missed A-R, you can find the entire Letter of the Week Series {here}!

Snack Ideas:
      * Stone Soup - I made this soup every year for my preschool students, and it was always a hit! Read the book Stone Soup while you add the ingredients to the pot - my preschoolers were always just as amazed as the characters in the book at how yummy this soup (made only from a stone!) turns out! ;) Find the recipe and directions {here}.

      * Dried Strawberries: I usually dry these in my food dehydrator and my kids literally eat them like candy! You can find instructions for making them in the oven {here} from World Wide Gourmet.


Favorite Books:
      * Stone Soup: There are so many versions of this fun story, but every version I've read to my kids has been a favorite. Don't forget to use the recipe above to make your own stone soup!
      * The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats

Crafts:
      * Tissue Paper Snail: How cute is this snail over at No Time For Flashcards? Preschoolers LOVE glue. :)
      * Ss is for Star! Just draw the letter s on a piece of paper, and give your child a page of star stickers! Simple, but fun!
      * Snake Shapes! I thought this page from Danielle's Place would be a fun way to review shapes. You can print it for free {here}

Activities:
       * Homemade Slime! At camp we called it gak, but this fun gooey stretchy stuff would make great letter s slime too! This was an absolute favorite at camp and my kids are still playing with it! Find the recipe and instructions {here}!
     
      * Sticky Spider Web! How fun is the spider web made from painters tape over at Hands on: as we grow!? I'll definitely be trying this one with my preschooler this year!

    
 Printables:
      * Click on the photos below to print out your Ss Flash Card and Writing Practice Worksheet.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips