Sunday, February 23, 2014

I'm a Mormon Kid


I am excited to share my student's blog with you today. But first a little background. I teach a group of 50 fifth and sixth grade students at Liahona Preparatory Academy. Our class is unique in that 12 of the students are actually in class with me in a school building in Utah. The other 38 students are participating in our class via the Internet at computers around the world. I have students in Germany, Brazil. Puerto Rico, Italy, Africa and in many students in the United States from Alaska to Florida. Liahona is a private school associated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons).

They are the cutest kids EVER and I feel so lucky to be their teacher. We started a blog so that they could share their writing and their unique perspective about life with others. Here is the link to their blog:

I'm a Mormon Kid

I am not prejudiced at all...but this blog is awesome! It contains everything from original cartoons to funny memes and cute videos.



It also includes their thoughts on everything from praying to being modest to not drinking alcohol to their plans for the future.



These great kids have also written a book and you can download it for free from the blog. Their book attempts to answer the question: What is it like to be a Mormon kid? Not just a Mormon kid in Utah but a Mormon kid around the world. Everything is in their words and includes their un-censored opinions. It is so fun to get into the heads of 10 and 11 year olds. They are a crack up!

If you are a member of our faith, you will really enjoy reading the book to get a fresh perspective. If you are not a member of our faith, you will love to hear about our religion through the eyes of a child. Their faith in God is so refreshing and inspiring. Didn't Jesus encourage us to become even as a little child? Every day they motivate me to be better.


Check out their blog. Pretty Please! (They will be so excited to see our page views go up!) I promise you won't be sorry. I love these kids and I know that you will too.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips